GMC today announced the 2016 Yukon SLT Premium Edition – a chrome-trimmed special model offering a premium, personalized appearance on SLT models.
It goes on sale this summer, offered on Yukon and Yukon XL models. Features include:
- Unique design 22-inch chrome-wheels
- Unique design chrome grille
- Bright chrome body-side moldings
- Polished exhaust tip
“The new Yukon SLT Premium Edition adds distinction and personalized style to the already well-appointed Yukon SLT model,” said Stu Pierce, senior marketing manager, GMC Trucks & Full-size SUVs. “For discerning customers seeking uncompromising capability and unparalleled refinement in a full-size SUV, Yukon SLT Premium Edition delivers with the latest in technologies, amenities and a unique and premium style.”
Yukon and Yukon XL SLT models are powered by an advanced 5.3L V-8 engine that offers the segment’s best V-8 fuel economy: an EPA-estimated 23 highway mpg (2WD models).
Additional standard and available features on SLT models include:
- Fold-flat second- and third-row seats that enhance cargo capability and convenience, including an available power-folding feature
- Power rear liftgate with multiple programmable height settings and hands-free operation
- Wireless phone charging
- Standard 8-inch-diagonal color touch-screen radio with enhanced IntelliLink and available navigation
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto phone projection compatibility
- Keyless Open and Start
- 8,500-lb. max trailering for Yukon and 8,300-lb. max trailering for Yukon XL (2WD models)
The Yukon lineup also incorporates technologies that help protect the driver and passengers before, during and after a collision. They include a forward radar system and the segment’s only Front Center Air Bag (models with front bucket seats), which deploys from the inboard side of the driver’s seat and inflates between the driver and front passenger, providing added protection for both front occupants in side impacts.
Phone projection technology
Through Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability, Yukon’s IntelliLink infotainment system provides simple and intuitive use of smartphones in the vehicle. It integrates certain phone functions onto the 8-inch-diagonal color touch screen, allowing you to call up music, navigation apps and more.
Using either application is simple. A “Projection” icon on the IntelliLink screen is visible when a phone is not connected and changes to indicate CarPlay or Android Auto when a compatible phone is connected through a USB. Android Auto requires a phone running the Android Lollipop 5.0 operating system or higher, while Apple CarPlay requires an iPhone 5 or later models.
OnStar 4G LTE and available Wi-Fi hotspot complement IntelliLink to enhance Yukon’s connectivity.