Acura Genuine Accessories and top aftermarket brands highlight ILX build by Evasive Motorsports
A supercharged 2013 Acura ILX “Street Build” project car made its debut today in the Acura booth at the 2012 SEMA Show. Built by Evasive Motorsports, the ILX luxury sedan features an Acura Genuine Accessories aero kit and a collection of aftermarket modifications designed to provide a fun, daily drivable car that is tastefully done. The supercharged ILX “Street Build” project marks Acura’s return to the SEMA Show after a six-year hiatus, building on the strength of the all-new 2013 ILX luxury compact sedan.
“With sporty dynamics, premium standard features and a starting price of $25,900, the ILX is the ideal gateway vehicle to the luxury market for younger buyers.” said Mike Accavitti, Vice President of National Marketing Operations for American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “The ILX project cars displayed at SEMA exemplifies how potent the platform is for enthusiasts, adding to the momentum the new model is gaining.”
The Acura ILX “Street Build” by Evasive Motorsports is designed to appeal to the sophisticated tuner by using selective parts that enhance the driving experience without sacrificing drivability. Starting with a 2013 ILX 6-Speed Manual with Premium Package, a supercharger kit from CT Engineering and an ECU tune with Hondata’s FlashPro bumps the output of the 2.4-liter Inline-4 to 250 wheel horsepower. The prototype SP Elite exhaust from Greddy adds a throaty exhaust note. For the exterior, the Acura Genuine Accessories aero kit is matched to a set of 19-inch Volk G25 wheels wrapped in Pirelli P Zero tires. Tein Street Advance coilovers give the ILX an aggressive stance while offering damping force adjustability.
- Company Name: Evasive Motorsports
- Name of Vehicle: 2013 Acura ILX Street Build
- Powertrain Modifications: CT Engineering supercharger kit, CT Engineering intake, Hondata FlashPro, Greddy SP Elite prototype exhaust
- Chassis/Suspension Modifications: 19 x 8.5 (+45 offset) Volk G25 wheels, 235/35ZR-19 Pirelli P Zero tires, Tein Street Advance Coilovers, Stoptech big brake kit, Evasive Motorsports corner balance and alignment
- Exterior Modifications: Acura Genuine Accessories front underbody spoiler, Acura Genuine Accessories side underbody spoiler, Acura Genuine Accessories rear underbody spoiler, Acura Genuine Accessories deck lid spoiler, Acura Genuine Accessories body side molding, Rays Dura-Nuts lug nuts, S&A Design vinyl stickers
- Interior Modifications: CT Engineering short-shift kit, Acura Genuine Accessories illuminated door sill, Acura Genuine Accessories trunk tray